Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Long time, No write.

I’ve severely neglected this poor blog. I am feeling re-energized because I recently moved to a new state and landed a position with a national agency with an evidenced-based program to

KEEP KIDS IN SCHOOL!

Win!

I will be working under a 3-year grant for Communities in Schools, a national agency “works within the public school system, determining student needs and establishing relationships with local businesses, social service agencies, health care providers, and parent and volunteer organizations to provide needed resources.” I will be a Site Coordinator in a middle school, providing at-risk youth and their families with encouragement, resources and support to empower the kids to remain in school. I will be stepping outside of my comfort zone for some of the job responsibilities, but all that means is I will grow and mature in my career. So, I will get through the nerves and come out a better social worker. Win for all.

I am also taking my Master Social Worker examination at the end of the month. I took the ASWB practice exam and received 121 out of 150 correct. I feel extremely good about that, seeing as how you only need to get 107 correct.

BIG SMILES!

Also, if anyone knows of any good blogs for school social work, dropout prevention, that kinda thing, I would be mucho appreciative if you shared your knowledge. Winking smile

-♥ SWS

No comments:

Post a Comment