Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Cure for Skin Cancer? Patient Recovers After Cell Injection

Well, this is of interest to me since I just had an ordeal with skin cancer (and have had another in the past). Melanoma runs in my family, so I don't mess around with skin spots. If you were wondering why I was so pasty looking, there is your answer.

A cancer patient (with an advanced form) was injected with billions of his own immune "defense" cells that doctors cloned from cells that were found to attack the cancer cells best. This process is known as "immunotherapy". The 52-year-old is now free from tumors within eight weeks of undergoing the procedure! After two years he is still free from the disease which had spread to his lymph nodes and one of his lungs.

I mean - WOW! This is a breakthrough!

No comments:

Post a Comment